The mission of Hogansville’s DDA is to revitalize downtown through sustainable economic growth, preservation, and beautification.
The DDA encourages quality growth and economic prosperity while maintaining the small town experience. We strive to preserve our historic and natural resources while promoting, revitalizing, and beautifying downtown Hogansville.
In addition to being about 45 minutes south of Hartsville-Jackson International Airport — one of the busiest airports in the world — Hogansville is situated just off a major interstate (I-85), halfway between Atlanta and Columbus. This prime location brings a steady stream of visitors to town and is one of the cornerstones of our expansion as an economic, professional, and cultural center for the Central West Georgia Region.
A dedicated group of volunteer merchants and citizens produce a variety of popular annual events to raise money for downtown improvement projects, promote our downtown, and have a little fun:
- Community Yard Sale and Antiques Sale – antique vendors and members of the community sell their wares in downtown Askew Park
- “I Do” Dinner at Victoria Belle Mansion – tie the knot or renew your vows in style while supporting downtown development projects
- West Georgia Idol – watch talented singers compete in our historic outdoor amphitheater
- Halloween “House of Horrors” in the old Royal Theater — not for the faint of heart!
- “Trunk or Treat” – Halloween fun & treats for families with small children
- Christmas Bazaar – see downtown aglow with holiday lights and decorations